The world of politics remains one of the most fascinating career paths for young people who want to make a difference to society. The Young Politician Programme brings high-profile political figures to UCL to give you a full immersion into the rollercoaster world of politics. On the day, seasoned politicians - including a former Government Minister, a current MP, a Parliamentary Aide, Lobbyists, and Think Tank representatives - will come together to create the ultimate political work experience for you.
There are three clear outcomes for the day:
Further, you can reference your attendance on the Young Politician Programme in your UCAS personal statement as an example of where you gained key skills such as working under pressure, problem-solving, teamwork, communication skills, and public speaking. You can also complete the online assessment after the programme and receive a personalised certificate for passing.
After the programme, InvestIN continues to act as a platform for you to build a successful career upon. Our alumni have unlimited lifetime access to our depth of expertise; students can contact us with further questions at any time, and we make sure you are promptly given the advice you need. Your attendance on the programme is therefore just the beginning of our long-term commitment to coaching you towards achieving your career ambitions.
Internship Programme Fee:
£135/student. Places are limited. If 2 or more places are booked students receive a 10% discount. Enter code GROUP10 at checkout to benefit from this.
For a full list of terms and conditions, please click here.
|10.30am||The World of Politics||- The key players
- The balance of power
- The pressure and expectations
|10.40am||You Become the MP||- You represent your constituency for the day
- Live election: students run and vote for the programme's 'Speaker of the House' and Secretary of State positions
- Coaching on how to excel during Parliamentary Question Time
|11.15pm||The Public Speaker||- Public speaking coaching by a speech writer for Cabinet ministers
- Understanding your audience
- The perfect delivery
- Clarity of message
- Using these techniques in the next two sessions
|12.00pm||Parliamentary Question Time||- A live simulation of Parliamentary Question Time
- Ask the Minister pressing questions on behalf of your constituency
- Hold the Government to account
- Balance the competing views of your party, your constituency, and yourself
|2.00pm||The Parliamentary Debate||- Debate against a current MP in a House of Commons simulation
- Explore a gripping international relations issue
- Participate in a live parliamentary vote
|3.30pm||Breaking into Politics||- Your route into politics
- Gaining work experience now
- A-level, university, and degree choices
|4.15pm||Panel Q&A||- Live Q&A with leading political figures
- All your burning questions answered
- Make valuable contacts
University College, London (UCL)
The Cruciform Building
Click here to see a map