The Young Engineer Programme gives students the ultimate engineering work experience through a series of interactive role plays, seminars, case studies, and Q&A sessions with a group of distinguished engineers from some of the biggest names in the industry.
By the end of the programme, you will have gained a huge competitive advantage over other budding engineers and a ‘gold star’ experience to add to your university applications.
Internship Programme Fee:
£180/student. Places are limited. If 2 or more places are booked students receive a 10% discount. Enter code GROUP10 at checkout to benefit from this.
For a full list of terms and conditions, please click here.
|10.30am||The Engineering Mindset||- Engineers as today’s most valuable players
- The engineer’s role in global business
- The engineering design process
- The career: a world of possibilities
|11.00am||Roadtrip to Mars||- Solving one of humanity's greatest challenges
- Designing the lift-off, journey and arrival from an engineering perspective
- Create solutions utilising aerospace, chemical, biomedical and civil engineering concepts
- Work alongside engineers from these fields and receive live feedback
- Understand cutting-edge leading solutions
|2.00pm||Using Engineering to Change the World||- How to progress your ideas from the drawing board to reality
- Designing the world of tomorrow
- Developing the skills to pursue this career path
- Future challenges and skillgaps
|2.30pm||Future Cities||- The new world of engineering
- Advancing the world with mechanical, automotive and software (AI) engineering
- Debate and explore ideas with leading engineers from these fields
- The key computer languages to learn
- What is EV, AC, CV, CAV?
- How to plan for a career in the most cutting edge roles
|3.45pm||Career Coaching – How To Become A Top Engineer||- University & subject choices
- Impactful cover letters/CVs
- Interview techniques
- How to build your network
|4.45pm||Panel Q&A||- Live panel Q&A with engineers from a variety of backgrounds
- All your burning questions answered
- Make valuable contacts
Unit A, 1/F
128 Gloucester Road
Click here to see a map