Are you aged 12-15 and fascinated by the world of Mathematics? Have you ever wondered where your curiosity could take you?
The 'Beyond Maths' Programme gives passionate students the opportunity to step into a world beyond classroom Mathematics. You will be coached by leading experts in Mathematics, as well as high-calibre professionals (such as Investment Bankers and Business Leaders) who used their study of Mathematics as a launchpad for a successful career. Furthermore, highly successful Oxford and Cambridge Mathematics graduates will be on-hand all day to answer all your questions about their path to an elite university and what it takes to succeed against the competition. The programme therefore provides a holistic, super-curricular experience - giving you both in-depth knowledge about the subject and coaching you to fulfil your dreams in this field…
The programme will give you four pillars of a successful future in Mathematics:
1. An experience of some of the most fascinating real-life applications of Mathematics: including how Game Theory and algorithms are used to triumph in the world of financial markets. This super-curricular learning will take your mathematical skills to a higher level and enable you to demonstrate your passion for Mathematics on application forms.
2. An experience of two of the most desirable careers that Maths can take you to: Investment Banking and Business Leadership. Try your hand at some work commonly done by these professionals and see first-hand how a Mathematics background can propel you to a successful future.
3. Coaching on a successful future in Mathematics: GCSE and A-level choices; extra-curricular activities; work experience; excelling in the UCAS process; specific advice on applications to Oxford and Cambridge; coaching on how to become a top Investment Banker or Business Leader; and advice on other excellent jobs you can pursue with a Mathematics background.
4. A chance to meet people who have succeeded from your position: Mathematics graduates from Oxford and Cambridge, as well as Investment Bankers and Business Leaders, ready to answer all your burning questions.
Programme Fee: £115/student. If 2 or more places are booked students receive a 10% discount. Enter code GROUP10 at checkout to benefit from this.
For a full list of terms and conditions, please click here.
|11.00am||A World Beyond Mathematics||- Using Mathematics to propel you to a successful life, at university and beyond|
|11.15am||Mathematics Super-Curricular: Advanced Concepts in Practice||- Coaching by experts on some of the most fascinating real-life applications of advanced mathematical concepts
- Game Theory
|12.30pm||Your Future in Mathematics: Business Leadership||- Experience life as a Business Leader through exciting simulations under the guidance of successful Business Leaders
- Winning negotiation strategies
- Statistical analysis in business models
- ‘Cash is King’: financing a business to success
|2.30pm||Your Future in Mathematics: Investment Banking||- Experience life as an Investment Banker through exciting simulations under the guidance of successful financiers
- Designing a financial portfolio
- Creating a trading strategy in commodities
- Mergers & Acquisitions: Buying a global brand
|3.30pm||Your Journey in Mathematics: Coaching on GCSEs, A-Levels, University and Beyond||- Oxford and Cambridge alumni, plus Investment Bankers and Business Leaders on-hand to coach you on your path to a successful future in Mathematics
- Coaching on GCSE, A-level, and university choices
- Choosing the right extra-curricular activities and work experience
- Excelling in the UCAS process, with a special focus on Oxford and Cambridge
- Beyond study: tips to becoming an Investment Banker or Business Leader
- Advice on other excellent career choices for Mathematics graduates
- Panel Q&A session with all our experts. Ask them your burning questions
The Roberts Building
Click here to see a map